RE: Please Read This Announcement Everyone

by "Mike Carlson" <domitianx(at)domitianx.com>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:38:24 -0500
 To:  "=?iso-8859-1?Q?'St=E9phane_Bergeron'?=" <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Do you have outlook express installed?

If you running Windows you most likely have outlook express or traces of
outlook express installed.

The problem is not really releated to the client, it is but it isnt.

The problem is a couple of things:

1. Developers screamed and hooray'd and threw confetti at the fact that
they could completely automate MS Office products. They loved it. Now
they are paying the price for wanting that.

2. The virus writers target MS software because they are the eveil
empire, they know most people run some version of outlook because of its
popularity. If linux was used on as many desktops, then it would be the
target of viruses. We have seen a couple and there will be more for
non-MS platforms.

Also, take a look here:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=3Dnavclient&q=3Dscripting+eudora+au=
tom
ation

You can script eudora just as easily as Outlook. Just no one spends the
time, because it is a low target audience.

Get off the high horse.

Mike Carlson
http://www.domitianx.com
domitianx(at)domitianx.com

Thought Of The Moment:

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."