Re: Dreamweaver and Homesite question

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:32:25 +0100
 To:  "Pierre-Louis,
Marian" <mpierrelouis(at)ksec.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
From: "Pierre-Louis, Marian"
> I have been using Dreamweaver 3 for a few months and there is something I
> can't figure out.  It says that Homesite comes with Dreamweaver.  The only
> html coding I can find is the little pop-up window that can be accessed
> through the launcher.  I'm assuming that is the access to Homesite.  The
> thing I find frustrating about it is that the window size is fixed and
can't
> be expanded to full-size.  Am I missing something?  Is there another way
> access Homesite?  Is it possible to view it full-screen?  And finally,
could
> this be a limitation of the educational version which I am using?

Hi Marian

What you are seeing is not HomeSite but the internal DW HTML source window.
Whether or not HomeSite comes with DW varies depends on the version you
have. Unfortunately I don't know if it comes with the educational version.
Browse the DW CD and see if you can find a file called HomeSite.exe. On my
CD (the studio version) there is a HomeSite folder inside the DW folder. If
you do find it you need to install HomeSite.

Once you have done this open DW and go to Edit>Preferences. On the list
select External Editors. You should then be able to browse to Homesite and
set it up as your external HTML editor. From then on, when you have the DW
HTML source window open clicking on the "External Editor..." button should
open HomeSite.

HTH

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net