RE: Solution - A Perfect Web Site!

by "Jeff Rankin" <jrankin(at)oneil.com>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:12:47 -0500
 To:  "Sathish C. Bramhan" <sathish(at)bramhan.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I understand the problem as you state it, but I guess I don't see what the
real problem is. You seem to view different kinds of web sites as mutually
exclusive: Graphically intensive web sites can't validate and sites that are
semantically structured and valid can't be graphically intensive.

The development team I work with typically tries to optimize both. We can
take the exciting graphical approach and meld it with semantically correct
and valid code. It's just a matter of having developers that are proficient
at either facet. It's also a matter of having developer's that understand
and care about the values and fundamentals of a client-server hypertext
environment.

No doubt matters of budget occasionally rear their head, but this kind of
development is all about compromise.

- Jeff

Jeff Rankin     jrankin(at)oneil.com
User Interface & Web Technologies