RE: Cold Fusion

by "Michael Wilson" <mwilson(at)xionmedia.com>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:01:48 -0500
 To:  "'Emerald Spirit'" <emerald_spirit(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Rebecca,

http://www.houseoffusion.com/, http://www.houseoffusion.com/,
http://www.houseoffusion.com/ :]

House of fusion is the best mailing list for the ColdFusion Community
and assistance.

If you find yourself wanting to learn a development methodology I would
suggest Fusebox. Fusebox is a free framework created by the
collaborative research of over 200 professional web developers. It's the
most popular methodology at the moment and growing in advocates,
including myself. There is also a PHP version of Fusebox available, but
unfortunately not for ASP. Visit http://www.fusebox.org/ and
http://www.halhelms.com/ for more details.

You will also find the Fusebox Newbie Guide, by Katherine Butterly
helpful. You can grab it from
http://bombusbee.com/index.php?fuseaction=downloads. This guide applies
to both ColdFusion and PHP.

Macromedia's repository of custom tags can be found at
http://devex.macromedia.com/developer/gallery/ and the ColdFusion
Support Forums are located at
http://webforums.macromedia.com/coldfusion/.

You may also find http://www.cfmcentral.com/ of some use.

Good books include:

Author: Steve Nelson - http://www.secretagents.com
Fusebox : Methodology & Techniques, ColdFusion Edition

Author: Ben Forta - http://www.forta.com
ColdFusion 5 Web Application Construction Kit
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion 5 Application Development
Sam's Teach Yourself SQL in 10 Minutes (2nd Edition)
Certified ColdFusion 5 Developer Study Guide
Macromedia Coldfusion 5 Language Reference

Author: Arman Danesh - http://www.juxta.com/main.cfm?SID=16
Mastering ColdFusion 5

Author: Michael J. Hernandez - http://www.datatexcg.com
Database Design for Mere Mortals : A Hands-On Guide to Relational
Database Design

Peace,

Mike