Re: DHTML & CSS update

by "Billy Dean" <billy61(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:18:43 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mike,

Sounds like you are going to have a great site. Every now and then I meet
somebody in person or in cyberspace who uses Web TV, or is visually
handicapped or has one of those palm computers and so forth. How you keep
from excluding those folks I don't know. If your intention is to move
forward in your design without malice toward those who might get left
behind, I suppose it will all work out in the end. That is, solutions to
make your site accessible to everyone will keep coming your way.

One example is frames, which still do not have a very good reputation with
either designers or people who surf the web. But I like frames, so I kept
looking for ways to do frames the "right" way, to keep my frame-based web
pages user-friendly for all visitors, especially search engine spiders and
people who might come to my site from a key-word search and find the page
not in its frame context. I have found several solutions if anyone is
interested.

Billy Dean
'98 XV1100
billy61(at)earthlink.net
http://www.qwertyarrow.com/virago.htm
"Don't give me no plastic saddle -- I want to feel that leather when I
ride..."