Re: Advertising (Hopefully List Appropriate)

by "Webmaster" <nstar92(at)bellatlantic.net>

 Date:  Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:20:10 -0400
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Blue Tapp" <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Advertising is a way of life for the Internet community. I do banner
advertising but do not and will not do it on a click through ratio. I charge
lower than competing sites for the same advertisers, and they come to me.  I
am not going to compete with the cost of a bigger soite than mine, and feel
the lower prices are appropriate for a younger, just starting out site. I
charge a flat fee, as I do not like click thru pricing.  It is not fair for
me to carry the extra bandwidth for cheap. Bear in mind, all the banners
take up disk space and bandwidth, and if they will let you design the
banner, it is even better as you can make the ad more cost efficient for
you.
Lisa