Re: Internet Explorer & GIFs

by "EB" <doublebase(at)wanadoo.nl>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:08:57 +0200
 To:  "javascript" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
From: Nathan Lyle <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>
To: javascript <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 3:05 PM
Subject: Internet Explorer & GIFs

| Does anyone know anything about IE5+ not being able to display GIFs
| when viewing a page locally off the hard drive? My browser at work
| will view the GIFs fine if I move everything to the server and view it
| over the internet, but show only as broken icons when I try to view
| the pages locally.

press ctrl+o in ie, use "browse" to go to your image (select gif files from
the drop down) and open it; if the image doesn't show it's something in your
browser('s settings); if it does show it's a problem with paths in your html
files.

not an answer, but one step to determining the problem ;-)

eric