Re: trouble convincing client of ecommerce security requirements

by "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)web-design-cs.com>

 Date:  Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:06:17 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well, I know for myself that I won't order anything online if it is not
secure and they don't have a certificate. I imagine the majority of people
that shop online feel the same way. You could explain to your client that
they may lose a lot of potential sales because people won't feel secure
purchasing from an unsecured site.

If this doesn't work, and they insist on doing it that way, then I would
write up a contract absolving yourself from all responsibility or liability
that may occur, and that you warned them against it, and have them date and
sign it. That at least put's you in the clear, and the resposibility will
rest on your clients shoulders, not yours.

HTH,
Lisa
Lisa Bradshaw ,  Web Designer

Crescendo Web Design - http://www.web-design-cs.com