re: updateable text in HTML page

by "Mike Hopkins" <ironmike(at)inav.net>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:34:07 -0500
 To:  "Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I evidently sent this directly to Lonna earlier today and not to the list.
My appologies.

Hi, Lonna
I've never used this particular software, but it advertises that it should
do what you want.
 It's Page Publisher, from InteractiveTools.com.
www.interactivetools.com
Page Publisher is a junior version of their Article Manager product, and I
do know people in the newspaper industry that use AM and swear by it. AM is
too heavy for your use, I think. Interactive advertizes that they will
install the software for you...for free.  Their software is Perl CGI
scripting.

Software of this type is categorized as *** Content Manager *** software, in
case you want to do a Google on the general category. One warning: be SURE
what you buy is
going to do EXACTLY what you want. Ask for example sites, user contacts,
etc.

 HTH,

Mike Hopkins
ironmike(at)inav.net