Re: making a CD-ROM

by "Tamara Jackson" <tamara.jackson(at)swish.com.au>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:24:48 +1000
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
One way to cover the compatability issue is to include a copy of IE6 on the
CD, and you can also include a copy of the latest acrobat reader. If it
really bugs you, you can include a readme file for the acrobat reader that
will instruct the user how to install it so that it integrates with Netscape
and doesn't open in a separate program. As for the doc files, there's
nothing much you can do about that. Word should integrate with IE 4 at the
least, but I've never seen a setting hat you can alter, and I've seen
various systems where it is integrated and where it is not. Not sure how
this occurs. Another solution would be to dump the doc files and convert
them to pdf. You can still have links to other files in pdfs, and if you
have forms in the docs, you can make forms in acrobat too.

Hope this helps, and good luck :)
Tamara Jackson