Re: Clipart - recommendations?

by "Andie" <infomail(at)cogeco.ca>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:03:00 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I can see how my post may have been confusing. When I mentioned that some
"royalty-free" clipart and images may not be used on commercial sites, I did
not mean the art from www.arttoday.com. I was talking about clipart and
images that you get when you buy the Mega Packs (250,000+) type discs, or
even the clip art that comes with CorelDraw and other draw programs.

All of these packages have a license agreement included and they are always
very clear as to how the images can be used. And, when I say "commercial"
site it does not necessarily mean a site that sells online. I mean a site
used for a business as opposed to Joe Down-the-Street's home page.

I'm was just suggesting that before someone uses store-bought clipart or
images to put on a client's web site, they should check the license
agreement first. Royalty free does not mean that it can be used freely.
That's all.

Andie