Re: ASP Includes on pages

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Jun 2001 19:13:31 -0400
 To:  "John Allred" <allred(at)allrednet.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> Without intending to start a "mine is better than yours" discussion,
..<snip>
> This feature alone is worth the price of Cold Fusion, to me. Your
> mileage may vary.
>
> --John

You're kidding, right? :)

Yes, include files have been a problem with ASP in the past. Not un-doable,
but not convenient. In the present/future with Win 2000, no longer as the
server-side command server.execute allows for dynamic conditional selection
of include files.

Prior to this it has been bit of a PITA, but not a make-it or break-it issue
when choosing a programming environment.

PHP has this feature already and that is one of the things I like about it.
And it's free, so it's really worth the price. But I do more asp than php .
. .

Cold Fusion? Does the niche have a future? I'm skeptical, devoted as some
folks are. Certainly the ability to conditionally include or not is not
going to save it!

pmg