Re: CSS and borders

by "Mary Alyce Appleby" <maryalycea(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Sat, 4 Aug 2001 10:18:58 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Try putting the style for the borders all on one line in your stylesheet.
Like this:

div.click  {border: 5px #000000 solid;}

Some browsers will understand this and ignore "list" type styling.
(Incidentally, this is also true for a background that uses both an image
and a color. The code will work if it's all on one line and not if it's in a
list.)

I tested the above in both Netscape 6 and IE5.5 and it worked.

Good luck. HTH.