Re: OnUnload impossibility!

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:01:23 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> Check the window title: it has 'wysiwyg' in it. This means that there's
some
> direct JS in the page (not in a function, so that it's executed when it's
> loaded) and NN4 now shows only the result of the JS, not the JS itself.
> View-source in any other browser to see the JS.

I just took a closer look at the javascript file, and realized that it also
refers to four other javascript files, each one different depending on
browser type.  All four of these scripts appear to work together to achieve
that one end:  only pop up the window when the user closes the window or
changes domains, but prevent the pop-up from appearing when changing pages
within the same domain.

Astounding work, especially considering the author's primary occupation is
as an Opera singer!  http://www.daringdiva.com/gpwebworks.html