Re: Grabbing an Image from Video

by "Don Haller" <grizzlygraphics(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Jun 2002 05:33:18 -0400
 To:  "Manish Sharma" <msharma(at)satyam.net.in>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
PaintShop Pro can capture while the movie is playing.  While in Paint Shop
Pro, you will need to change the capture properties under import, screen
capture, setup.  Change the capture properties to window or screen and set a
hot key for the capture.  Click on Capture now.  Go back to your video
player and play it.  Hit your hot key when you want to make the capture
during the video play.

I have done this on numerous occasions to create screen captures for SME
reviews.  If you are looking for a more video editing approach you can try
Sonic Foundry's Video Factory but the learning curve might be a little high
for what you want to do.

HTH,

Don Haller