Re: GIF mystery.

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:56:43 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Al Sessions" <al(at)oldforgefd.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
No; in fact, if you just try to print out the image by itself using the
original link I provided,  with no HTML to deal with at all, the problem
still manifests itself in IE 6 and Netscape 6.  Print it out using IE 5.5 or
Netscape 4.x and it's fine.

I've heard a couple people suggest that it's due to memory...but in my
examples from our website, it prints out the text before AND after the
graphic!  That's the most confounding aspect of this.  If it were a memory
problem, I'd assume it wouldn't finish printing everything BELOW the
graphic...it would just stop there.

In my examples it's almost as if it just decides to omit one of the pages
entirely.

Anyone using IE 6 or Netscape 6 out there?  I would be curious to confirm
everyone else is experiencing this problem.   I've been able to duplicate
the event on three different machines.

Mike