Re: copyright

by "T. Kimsey" <tkimsey(at)budgetwebsitedesign.com>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:41:36 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Michael Muehlendorf" <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Although I am not an attorney, I have had a bit of experience in this area
(copywrite infringement)  I have had a similar experience, mine was
blatantly on the page of the site verbatim in style, content ect.

While I think a behind the scenes plagiarism has probably less chance than
on a viewable page, if you can prove with a paper trail (or screen prints
from the past) that you did indeed use that combination first and how you
came up with it, you can then at least file suit and hope for compensation.

In my case, I had the papertrail showing how I accumulated the documentation
and I had screen shots of the site when it was posted as well as my dated
files.  We did file suit and the offending webmaster was fired from their
job and the page taken down.  I also went a step further and have actually
received the copywrite information from the government.
Teajai Kimsey
Managing Partner
Budget Website Design
www.budgetwebsitedesign.com