Re: Re[2]: IE Form Submission Problem (example)

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:57:04 -0400
 To:  "hwg-techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'll just throw this out here FWIW:  it could also be a limitation with PHP.

My experience is more with ASP, and I've run into a form-submission limit
when using the Request object.  This is documented on Microsoft's site.
Perhaps there's a similar issue with regard to PHP functionality.

Here's the write-up on the ASP issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q273482

This one is interesting in that it's not a character limit per se, but a
BYTE limit (in this case, 102,399 bytes).

They also offer a solution (basically break up the variables into multiple
variables, since the byte limit is on a per-variable basis).  If it DOES
turn out that PHP has a similar issue, perhaps the suggested solution will
come in handy.

Mike