Re: embedding images in html email

by "Andy Innes" <innax(at)icon.co.za>

 Date:  Sun, 20 Oct 2002 00:17:31 +0200
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Nate Harel" <nharel(at)nettech-services.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you want to do this, there is an easy way using MS Outlook Express (or
Outlook)

Set up your html page and images all in the same folder (no subfolder
references). Once everything is ready transfer it all to the following
folder on your drive:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery

Select the saved page name as your default stationery in Outlook / Outlook
Express (Tools>options>compose>mail>etc.)

Now send an email (html format). All your graphics files are embedded in the
mail and can be read by anyone who has the ability to read html-formatted
email.

I do this fairly regularly for clients. Mail me with any questions.

Regards

Andy

Spread the knowledge - grow the business - make friends