Re: hand-coding vrs WYSWYG

by "Durwood Edwards" <durwoode(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:17:48 -0600
 To:  "Marilyn A. Davis" <mdavis(at)flkinfo.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I agree that being able to hand code is essential and even a more desireable
approach, in many instances. I have tried Dreamweaver and FrontPage and Net
Objects Fusion, and cannot stand to work "blindly" like that. The only
somewhat WYSIWYG editor I can put up with is SoftQuad's HotMetal, and at
times I find its WYSIWYG mode is the best way to operate. At least its code
is relatively clean and always compliant (sometimes forcefully so).

Durwood Edwards