Re: Close Window JavaScript

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:08:20 -0000
 To:  "Blue" <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello,

You will always get this alert box when you are trying to close the main
browser window.  It's a security feature which you can't avoid.

The windows that don't give you this alert are ones which you have opened,
either with a target="_blank" or a window.open().

It's nothing to do with which page you are viewing, it's all about how the
window was opened originally.

Tim

www.timbooker.com