Re: which dynamic web language?

by "Andy Innes" <innax(at)icon.co.za>

 Date:  Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:09:46 +0200
 To:  "Richard Hall" <rhall(at)umr.edu>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
1)ASP (incl. .NET)
2/3)JSP or Coldfusion
4)PHP
5)Perl

ASP with IIS and Access/SQL and JSP with Oracle and maybe tomcat is what I
seem to come up against mostly in the South African context with smatterings
of PHP here and there.

My comment would be: Make sure they can practically apply their knowledge,
however they acquire it. We outsource to an ASP developer who has NO
qualifications, but five years' experience. He assesses every job quickly
and finds the quickest and most effective solution based on the client
needs. This was after having run aground under tight deadlines with two
other ASP graduates with little experience in the field.

HTH

Andy