RE: page displayed from CGI script

by "Gerhard Teubert" <webmaster(at)steenhansens.com>

 Date:  Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:27:07 -0600
 To:  "'Shawn Sass'" <shawn(at)sportsstuff.com>,
"'hwg techniques'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Shawn,

It could be a missing space after Location: that is causing the problem.
>From the "Perl Cookbook" (O'Reilly & Associates)

  19.8. Redirecting to a Different Location
  Problem
  You need to tell the client's browser to look elsewhere for a page.

  Solution
  Instead of a normal header, just issue a location redirect and exit.
  Don't forget the extra newline at the end of the header.

  $url = "http://www.perl.com/CPAN/";
  print "Location: $url\n\n";
  exit;

this should work.