Re: image protection doesn't work (demo)

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Nov 2001 00:16:30 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This merely proves that with a plugin installed, you can prevent people from
accessing images.  But with the plugin, you've stopped defining these images
in the conventional formats...they are now in *proprietary* formats that
this manufacturer can then manipulate/control.

The basic point hasn't changed:  standard web image formats (.jpg, .gif,
.png) can always be downloaded.  Why fight it?