Re: New Window: Small

by "Hilma" <Hilma(at)hilma.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Sat, 1 Jun 2002 08:14:39 +0100
 To:  "Annique" <annique(at)kscable.com>,
"HWG-technique Mailing List \(E-mail\)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You can do it via javascript, but not html (so i believe anyway.... :-)

Something like

newWindow =
window.open("photopage.html","myNewWindowName","width=200,height=500");
newWindow.focus()

But this doesn;t work if javascript has been disabled; then you need
alternative onclick code, and you can;t specify the dimensions of the new
window.
(you also need target=, which fails W3C XHTML strict validation -  else you
have to open the new stuff in the current window)

At least - that is my understanding at present, please someone correct me if
i'm wrong!

hilma    <--- wanting to open a new window (with dimensions) but not using
javascript, but believing it to be impossible. )
--x-----