Re: Frames or no frames

by "Dusty" <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>

 Date:  Tue, 9 Jul 2002 07:03:12 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello.....

Speaking strictly as a consumer, this page is an excellent example of why I
don't like Flash and I don't like frames. I found the site given extremely
annoying, and usually I would have left the site long before the fancy flash
intro was finished. I got impatient waiting for that to finish, and I got
even more impatient waiting for the flash on each page to finish. The entire
site could have been done very nicely without frames, and would have been a
much more pleasant place to visit.

Yes, there are times when frames are good and necessary..a couple of
examples that come to mind are the big monster sites like Yahoo and Amazon.
Although I've seen very large sites done without frames. But, most of the
time when I see a frames site, I get the impression that someone has used
frames simply to show off that they know how to do them.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I really dislike frames.

Dusty