Re: Scroll Bar to the Bottom of the Page

by "Marc David Johnson" <mjohnson(at)marcdavidjohnson.com>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Jun 2001 01:36:57 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
From: "Rob Taylor" <rob(at)tconsult.com>
> Does anyone know how to make the page go all the way to the bottom
> when the page Loads?  I want the page scrolled all the way to the bottom.
------------------

The only way I can think of at this time of night (1:30 am here) is to call
the page with an ID tag and place that tag at the bottom of the page to
facilitate the scrolling.

Example : www.marcdavidjohnson.com/default.asp (a default homepage)
redirects to www.marcdavidjohnson.com/home.asp#bottom and I would probably
wrap the copyright notice in the bottom tag since that usually ends my pages
<a name=bottom>&copy; Marc David Johnson</a>.

You could modify this example to be a results page, etc. as long as you add
the ID tag and place the calling tag at the bottom of the page (with
scripting it could even be the same page as long as you query for the ID tag
and if it isn't there you redirect to the same page with the ID tag
appended).

Hope that helps (and given the hour, hope it makes some sense),