Re: .shtml?

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:57:19 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think people are getting hung up on the file extensions, which really
aren't what is driving things by themselves.  You can have all your webpages
use .shoe as an extension and it wouldn't matter, so long as your server
setup allows you to make .shoe a valid extension.   It's the server that
tells the browser what PHP, ASP, CFM, SHTML, HTM, HTML, JSP, ASPX, etc.
extensions are and what you can do with them.

Mike