Re: Formatting question (CMS's)

by "Dusty" <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:28:14 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hank & Others,

Again thanks for all the great input, but basically this site is for a small
country church that already has it's ISP service set up.  They generate
their current church flyer in MS Publisher and that is the document they
then save as html to put on the web site.

Some one apparently donated a latest and greatest version of hardware with
the MS XP suite of software.  Further, the ISP is setup by donation as one
of those super-discounted no-frill non-profit sites and it will not be
moved.  The ISP will not be changed and it does not have those server side
tools available.  So I have to work with what they've have and work around
the fact that the folks generating the content are extremely computer
illiterate.

So the solutions must be client side solutions as server side solutions are
out.  Further, as I am donating this service to the church, I don't want to
get involved with this project tying up too many hours every month (they
publish the flyer monthly).  Given these parameters and given that the
client will not purchase any software (and neither will I for donated time)
are there any good suggestions?  Templates are welcome if you know of any
good ones.

The tools I have to work with are MS publisher and the MS XL Office suite on
the client's machine and FrontPage 2000 and the MS Office 97 suite on my
machine. Given these parameters and given that the client will not purchase
any software (and neither will I for donated time) are there any good
suggestions?  Templates are welcome if you know of any good ones.

Dusty