Re: redirecting without JavaScript

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Wed, 5 Jan 2000 16:03:01 -0500
 To:  "hwg-techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I guess, if they have a version 4 or higher browser, but have
> JavaScript turned off, I want them to see a "you need to enable
> JavaScript" message -- on the index.html page or somewhere else -- it
> really doesn't matter to me (I don't think). But I don't want this
> message to display if they have JavaScript turned on.

Probably be best to try to redirect them away from the page using JS to
the success area.  Put something like location.hef="success.html" in the
head area.

If the the browser uses JS, it will go to success (which could be the
CGI script mentioned earlier, or could be just your normal HTML home
page with JS browser sniffing to detect the version).

If the JS is not enabled, the page finished loading, and displays the
"enable JS" message.

Darrell

The Web Center
Web Site Solutions