Re: Frames and image splicing again ...

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Sun, 11 Jun 2000 15:39:30 -0700
 To:  <ideas(at)creativegenius.ca>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
In addition to what Ann and Tim point out about mixed px/% in the Frameset,
I noticed that the file "rev31x1.jpg" is actually only 134px wide, yet you
have it in a frame 136px wide. This will, by default, cause a gap! Fixing
the frameset for this and the other problems will solve part of your
problem.

The rest of your problems lies in the simple fact that Netscape browsers
(not including the forthcoming v6) cannot display frames to pixel-perfect
sizes, ONLY percentages. So, while you could devise your frameset to work in
Netscape at one resolution, the moment the viewer resized the browsing
window or screen resolution, or displayed it in a non-full-page size, it
would fail to line up properly. Go to www.a-u-a.org if you'd like to see how
badly frames can misalign in Netscape. Once the page loads in Netscape,
resize the browser taller, shorter, wider, narrower, or all of these. The
navigation system corrupts when you do. In MSIE, however, it works
perfectly. The site is that of one of my clients' and is in the process of
being "de-framed".

Hope this helps,
Kehvan M. Zydhek