Re: Chat program help

by "David Clapper" <dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Dec 2001 16:24:43 -0500
 To:  "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Mike,

I don't have a LOT of chat experience - but here's what I do have.

Let me describe the situation - my wife produced a TV show for a local
not-for-profit.  The topic is a hot one among parents and teenagers, so we
wanted to enable interested parties to ask questions of experts afterwards.
We wanted to be sure the chat was moderated so that it didn't turn into a
free-for-all or that inappropriate questions didn't make it to the chat
room.  I had a lot of trouble finding software to do this, and more trouble
getting a hosted solution - the TV show was a one-off, so we didn't want to
mess around with buying and installing software.  I found a product called
ChatSpace Community Server (at http://www.chatspace.com/products/commserv/)
that had the features we wanted.  In addition, I found a company, CornerWays
(http://www.cornerways.com/index_non.htm), who provide hosting, training,
and screening and moderation services for ChatSpace on an a la carte basis.
They were a joy to work with.  If you're interested, mail me off-list and
I'll send you the contact's name.

HTH ... .

David Clapper
Vice-President & Chief Architect