Re: HTML3.2 - background images and edge-to-edge tables

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Tue, 22 May 2001 04:26:00 +0100
 To:  "Jay Smith" <jay(at)JaySmith.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jay -

Thanks for the reply.

> However, it seemed solved to me.  I must be missing something.

No, still causing me a sleepless night (I /really/ ought to be off to
bed, at 04:23 in the bloody morning, lol)!

> Maybe what you are speaking of in terms of note getting edge to
edge,
> on the RIGHT side is becuase you are seeing it in NS without enough
> vertical content to cause a right-side slide bar to appear.  NS
> reserves space at the right for that bar to appear in, if and when
> needed.

I'm not particularly worried about scrollbar space; it's either:
Getting the damn table to go to all four edges of the visible browser
screen area, rather than just near it, and leaving white space in the
gap, thus stuffing up the look of the site, or,
Getting a background that doesn;t run off the edge of the page, when
viewed at lower screen sizes than 1024x768.

There's boound to be a fudge to this, but I'm stuffed if I can see it
right now.

Again, thanks for replying.

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Proprietor,
Intelligent Web Design Services
http://iws.n3.net/
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of IWS. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.