Re: unix vs. nt for cgi

by "Valerie L. Criswell" <valerie(at)suresource.net>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:14:48 -0400
 To:  "roger" <magic32(at)jps.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
As long as PERL is installed on the server, CGI works great on NT.  The only
glitch I've ever run into is that some scripts are written to interact with
sendmail which isn't for NT.  Also, you can't control the directory and file
permissions via FTP on an NT like you can a UNIX.  You have to ask the
administrator to change them for you.  This can be a pain if you aren't the
administrator!  Hope that's helpful.

~Val