Re: Very Important Email! Please Read!

by "Lady Wistfulee" <wistfulee(at)hawaii.rr.com>

 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:36:48 -1000
 To:  "Jason Boudreault" <theunforgiven(at)home.com>,
"Hwg-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
While this is true...(verified at "Urban Legends =
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/rape.htm )...this is NOT the =
place to circulate this & e-petitions are NOT the way to get anything =
accomplished.  This woman's email address has long since been dumped, so =
anyone circulating it is doing so in utter futility.
Before passing on anything...please verify if you should (do a search at =
any search engine for "hoax" for good resources) & DON'T DO IT HERE =
PLEASE.

Thanks,
Lady Wistfulee
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Bryan Uyede, if you know me, you can trust me....PLZ read this, I
never forward stuff, except that this came from a friend, and I believe
it. PLEASE SIGN YOUR NAME ON THE BOTTOM AND FORWARD, read, you'll
understand.
---------------------

On the 28th of October 1999, a young 12-year old girl's future was
completely shattered. She was raped and almost stabbed to death. She
sustained multiple stab wounds in the back, chest and stomach as well as

the
face. One of the stabs she received penetrated her spine and she is now
paralysed for life. This little girl is my cousin. I went to see her in
hospital on Friday. When I saw her, she was lying on her side and all I
could see was her stitched face. Because her whole little body was
riddled
with stab wounds, she is unable to find a comfortable position. When I
asked
her how she was doing, she whispered: " I am sore, I am sore". She asked

her
mother to turn her over on the other side, and as I helped her mother to

do
so, I saw that her whole throat was covered in the most terrible blue
and
deep purple bruises. Her rapist tried to shut her up when she was
screaming.
When that did not help, he tried to stab her to death. All I can say is
thank God she is alive.

The reason for this email is plain and simple. The South African
judicial
system is up to muggets, and corruption and discrimination
is rife. No justice will be brought to this case. Give it a couple of
years,
and the rapist (who was caught I might add) will be out on
parole in a couple of months.

In the meantime, one beautiful little girl's life has been changed. Not
only
does she have to live with this memory, but she has to be
reminded of it every single day in the  form of her paralysis. The
South African government wants to implement something called chemical
castration, where they inject men with a chemical that decreases their
sex
drive. This is NOT good enough. Rape is not in the male member, but in
the
male mind.

I know this happens to women all over the world on an hourly basis, but
this
time it has hit too close to home and I CANNOT and I repeat
CANNOT stand by and do nothing about it. Therefore I would like your
help in
signing this petition for a harsher sentence for rape. Life
imprisonment might be a good suggestion as ironically enough,
prisoners do not tolerate child molesters and rapists, and because of
this,
they have their own "system of punishment" in prison. I want this man to

go
through agony for the rest of his life.I want him to be reminded of the
pain
that this little girl has to go through for the rest of HER life. Why
should
this animal deserve ANY better?

Please forward this to as many people as you can. The more signatures
we have from all over the world, the better our chances that someone
in power might listen. If we don't do something about it, some or other
time
it might it too close to your home... Also, please keep me updated by
regularly sending back a list to me, so I can keep record
of our progress. I sincerely appreciate your help and support in this
matter, and so do Luke Homan and her mother.

Kind Regards,
Nikki Botha
Johannesburg, RSA
Nikki(at)comnet.co.za

EVERY 100th PERSON PLEASE FORWARD THE LIST BACK TO
Nikki Botha, Johannesburg, RSA, e-mail address:
Nikki(at)comnet.co.za
Please make a new list (by copying and pasting) and forward that again
to people you know. Kindly remove the headers and footers, as this
keeps the list tidy and does not block the on-line system with
unnecessary
detail.

Thank you and GOD BLESS all those who add their names here and to all
those who have sadly been victims of violence - OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH
YOU.

WE, THE UNDERSIGNED DO HEREBY PETITION THE GOVERNMENT TO DO SOMETHING
ABOUT THE CRIME RATE IN OUR COUNTRY, PARTICULARLY RAPE!

        1  Melanie Benson, JHB.
        2  Pam Immelman, JHB.
        3  Sheralynn Anderson, JHB
        4  Elisabeth Ambros, JHB