Re: Meta Tags....??? Help

by "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:43:06 -0400
 To:  "Jeremy Brown" <jeremy(at)localnetamerica.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
 Jeremy,

I have suggestions...but then like I stated in my previous post, I have a
problem
with pay for ranking sites.  There has to be a way you can generate money
to support you business, without offering those who have big money the
chance
to place higher just because they can pay you.  That just isn't fair to the
Mom and Pop
shops, who have legitimate websites, and products, and can't afford to pay
the high
fees for ranking.

One of the biggest technical issues I have seen, is a problem with ad
banners.
There have been times when I go to a site, and it won't load until the ad
banner loads.
If the ad banner site is having trouble, it hangs... page doesn't load, and
here I sit.
There is one search engine, that I know of that loads their page first, then
the banner ad
pops up..  I can't remember who it was now, they have all started changing
their sites
so much that nothing is the same when I go back.  So if you are going to use
a banner company make sure your site load FIRST before that banner, so if
there is  problem on
their site, it won't stop people from seeing yours.

Nancy

I would welcome any suggestions individuals ( that's you