RE: WSIWYG Editor Recommendation 4 Client Updates

by "Andre L Crane" <andre(at)terracrane.com>

 Date:  Fri, 24 May 2002 11:18:18 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
training hours are always billable. Hell, I have a friend who doubles his
hourly rate for the initial discovery meetings. This has had an AWESOME
affect for him. When the client calls him in for a meeting they've got their
stuff ready and their wants and needs are well thought out. It saves a lot
of time and the clients are more prepared, he makes money, and his job is
easier for it.

You can even charge for phone calls. Or rather, you should charge for phone
calls -- as long as they aren't bug related and therefore your fault. If
it's a bug that they created, then yeah, bill them for it. Billing for phone
calls is great because they don't call you for useless issues, when they
call you it is for something tangible and again, they tend to think things
through much better before they call you if they know that they are paying
for the call. Phone calls should be billed in half hour increments.

Damn I ramble a lot.  I could be totally wrong. This is just based on my
experiences of the last 7 years...

- andre