Re: Re:Beginner Question Alert - Tabled Images

by "Craig Newton" <whitby(at)idirect.com>

 Date:  Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:31:46 -0500
 To:  "SUZANNE DAGESSE" <SDAGESSE(at)bradlees.com>,
"Mark Rogers" <heliox(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sorry to disagree, but all the other reasons from other postings are
entirely correct and valid. There are many good reasons to slice up large
images - as a general principle load time is not one of them.
Each server request for a file requires a protocol handshake - multiple
images require multiple requests and actually slow the process although it
may APPEAR to load faster.