Re: Answers to some CSS questions

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:55:04 -0000
 To:  "Jason Peters" <JPeters(at)improveline.com>,
"'Rob Atkinson'" <robatkinson(at)nucleus.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello,

Using CSS:

<input type="checkbox" style="border: 1px #000000 solid;">

Works in Netscape 6.  Not in IE, Netscape 4 or Opera.

If you're SO desperate to change the appearence of your checkboxes or radio
buttons, I would suggest constructing a JavaScript checkbox using some
clever swap images, and onClick event handlers.  You should be able to use a
hidden field in your form, and then change the value using JavaScript when
the box is clicked.

Hope this helps,

Tim

http://www.timbooker.com/