Re: .Net ... I need info

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:22:33 -0400
 To:  "Valerie L. Criswell" <valerie(at)suresource.net>,
"hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You don't *really* expect to get balanced information with a request like
this, do you?

> I'm looking for information about .Net.  Can anyone explain it to me in
> simple language or send me to some articles and reviews?  Does anyone here
> have opinions about its relevancy or viability?

Opinions about MS abound and rarely are they very helpful. Take them with
the grain of salt they deserve.

http://www.4guysfromrolla.com
http://www.asp.net/
http://www.learnasp.com

.Net is being welcomed among experienced VB/ASP developers as a great leap
forward in an already very productive environment. It is the future. Not the
only future, nor is this an OS war. But about the 'relevance' or 'viability'
of .Net, there should be little question.

You can develop in the language of your choice (C++, COBOL, VB, C#, Java,
etc) and still plug into .Net. Even folks who like curly braces will feel
right at home!

pmg