Re: have not got a clue :RE: css ?

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:49:58 -0400
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Terry,

> Just started playing with CSS stuff and have not got a clue, i am
> trying to get the mailto and counter down to the bottom centered
> under the picture, help any one or even suggestions of doing it
> better to where i can under stand it more.
> http://terry-g.net/test/freedom-river/

Well, the CSS you used isn't really bad, just very repetitive and
actually not even necessary. I can also tell that you are a novice
HTML writer based on the markup you have, such as using 5 BIG tags to
increase the size of the heading, and putting all the navigation links
in one H3 tag divided by BR tags. I am glad that you are choosing to
write by hand and want to learn instead of using a WYSIWYG editor.

I rewrote the page with better HTML markup and CSS usage. You should
be able to view the markup and understand it, let me know if you have
any questions. I commented out your counter, and put in a SPAN styled
to imitate the look of your counter. You can delete this SPAN and the
relevant CSS.

http://www.timrivera.com/tests/help/terry-g.html

Tim