RE: hand-coding vrs WYSWYG

by "Mr.Wizard" <Mr.Wizard(at)pc-wizard.net>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:35:25 -0500
 To:  "John Starkey" <jstarkey(at)advancecreations.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I use Telnet sessions most every day for password files CHOMD files CROWN
files Etc Very Basic.. I do not use VI as often as I would like because, I
do not know most of the Macros along with it..

  I was not referring to Your thread, as I have nothing but respect for
those who do know VI, but I was more insulated in the way Lisa was referring
to it as a program as if it were another notepad with macros.. which VI
really is, not Telnet. I was more explaining the difference that Telnet was
a protocol as ftp is just a protocol not a program for downloading..

I am sorry if I offended you in any way I guess it was the way I typed out
the last note I may not have been clear enough in my words of MisTyping but
I must assure you that my head was thinking right..