Re: Mouseovers not working ... or are they?

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Mon, 5 Feb 2001 03:31:22 -0800
 To:  "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>,
<librarian(at)shadolibrary.org>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
NOTE: The following information is slightly different from Win98 > WinME >
Win2K, but the basic idea is the same (the following is based on Win2K)...

Open CONTROL PANEL.
Double-click ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS.
Find INTERNET EXPLORER (or MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER) in the list.
Click Change/Remove.
The MSIE Setup program SHOULD open and indentify that MSIE is already
installed. It will then ask if you want to remove it or repair it.
Choose REPAIR and select any additional options you want.
MSIE should then be "fixed" after it downloads and installs whatever is
necessary (I usually make it replace all files, just to be safe).

Alternately, you can download a complete install set from my server at
http://www.zydhek.net/msie55sp1/msie55sp1.zip (one large ZIPfile with ALL
the files necessary to install onto Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT and Win2K).
It's 48.9MB in size, so it'll take a bit to download over slow connections.
It's uploading as I write this, so give it maybe an hour to complete. The
files in this ZIPfile are the latest as of January 21, 2001. This file will
be available at this above URL until February 15, 2001, at which time it
will be deleted.

Hope this helps!
Kehvan