Re: Hackers

by "Steve Mount" <steve(at)saltyrain.com>

 Date:  Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:30:48 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
In addition to all of Darrell's great suggestions, always be sure to keep
local backups of ALL of the files you place on your ISP/WPP's server.  They
may be very secure, and they may do backups themselves, but nothing feels
better than holding a Zip disk in your hand with all of your web site firmly
stored on it.

And despite the seemingly losing battle, let's try to remember the vast
difference between hackers and crackers.  I suspect a good many of the
people on this very list would be considered hackers in the traditional
sense of the word.

Steve Mount, Software Engineer            steve(at)saltyrain.com
Home Site                            http://www.saltyrain.com
US Constitution Online          http://www.usconstitution.net
UVM Class of 1989 Home Page     http://www.saltyrain.com/uvm/
Manager, HWG Logo Team                     http://www.hwg.org