Re: form response

by "Carol Parent" <cbwd(at)means.net>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Feb 2001 05:31:52 -0600
 To:  "Noteworthy Web Designs" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Morning Karen,

Keep in mind I only know enough about cgi to wrap myself up in knots.

BUT, I just went thru what you are going thru.  This is what I did.

I renamed the .cgi to .txt so that I could open it as a text file.  I then
looked for the "code" in the file that causes the "from" to fill in.  This
file happen to call the "from" from a text box named "email".  (anyone
getting confused yet?) I am.

I went to my FORM and made sure the text box that I had the visitors put
their email in was named "email."   I found that it wasn't.  It was named
"e-mail."  So all I did was remove that little dash and saved my FORM.

I then closed my .txt(cgi) file.  Renamed it (only need to change the .txt
back to .cgi) and I was very plsd (and surprised) that it worked.

I would be glad to help you further, but this is about as good as I get.
<g>

Carol Parent