Re: Flash or no Flash

by "David Clapper" <dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>

 Date:  Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:33:34 -0400
 To:  "Ben Russo" <i.am.ben(at)sympatico.ca>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ben,

There are server-based components such as BrowserHawk which will detect
Flash, among other browser capabilities.  I assume there are corresponding
programs in other languages (Perl, PHP, what have you) if you're not
IIS-based.

Once the software tells you whether or not Flash is available, you can then
decide whether or not to include the Flash movie with a simple if-then-else
as you show.

HTH ... .

David Clapper
Vice-President & Chief Architect