Re: Site Defacement

by "Lauren Hanka" <bluejay(at)starband.net>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:37:24 -0700
 To:  "psalmon" <psalmon(at)cafes.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi everyone...

This discussion is also being held on the Basics List, and the scrambled jpg
was *not* a result of an upload error. The files had been in place *a long
time,* and everything was fine for *a long time.* Then, *suddenly,* one of
the jpgs was scrambled. I think, as suggested in several other posts
(possibly on the Basics List), that it was a server problem. The graphic
*was not corrupted when it was uploaded.* O.K.?

Lauren

> But back to the problem at hand, more than likely the graphic just got
> corrupted when uploaded, so delete and upload again, and be sure to check
> the file extension on the graphic. And I have found that there are more
> problems if uploading with a slower connection vs. a high speed
connection.