Re: desperate for Netscape help

by "Andrew Armstrong" <andrew(at)wisca.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:32:54 +0100
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think that the inline styles for the div s could be the problem. Some time
back I had to remove inline styles and add the positioning etc to the
stylesheet in the header in order to make something work in Netscape.

I also found, on designing forms, that the width of textareas etc is
different on IE and Netscape - and had to use both size and css to get a
similar result in IE and NN from single line text input

<input  type="text" name="make" size="12" ID="make">

was paired with a styelsheet line:

#make { width: 160px}

Actually, why use a textarea? It breaks the lines in odd places, depending
on window width. I am not sure, but couldn't you get the same effect from
the use of another div, or even a single cell table?

Andrew