Re: Client submission of text content

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Sat, 26 Jan 2002 19:44:11 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Nate Harel" <nharel(at)nettech-services.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Your not saying quite enough. How is the data to be stored? Are you using a
database? What OS is on the machine that the web server is on?

Can you use html forms to do updates/inserts into a database, and then have
the web page build itself on the fly by querying the database via PHP or ASP
or some other scripting method?

I think that would be the simplest as you would not have to deal with other
issues of file types and permissions on the hard drive - rather, do
authentication/authorization via a login based on info in the database.