Re: Hiding source code

by "szcam" <szcam(at)pub.sz.jsinfo.net>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:59:36 +0100
 To:  "KathyW" <kathyw(at)home.albury.net.au>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
KathyW wrote:
>But to carry that argument forward, wouldn't any sufficiently "skilled
>programmer" be able to write their own script to do the same thing without
>having to de-crypt and work out someone else's logic?

But all programmers are " hackers " as well they see something they like and
reproduce it either by using the source code they see or by using their own
skills. I am sure there is no one here whom has not done that at some stage.
    it's the WOW factor if someone see's you doing something good then they
want to copy it surely its a compliment to the original author. If you have
done some thing good then the way to protect it is copyright the idea. But
unless you are prepared to follow through and check for reproductions and
then sue there is no point.

Mark Bolton
Part time programmer and hacker